Headquartered in Groveport, OH, Komar Industries (“Komar”) is a leading designer and manufacturer of industrial waste and recycling processing systems. The Company specializes in auger processing technology and provides a comprehensive portfolio of products, including compactors (auger, self-contained, and stationary), balers, industrial shredders, continuous feed systems, flatteners / dewatering systems and organic separation presses. Established in 1977, Komar's products enable its customers to improve their processing of waste streams (e.g. corrugate, wood, e-waste, organics) while reducing their carbon footprint and their transportation, energy, maintenance and labor costs.
ONCAP works closely with the company on the following initiatives:
- Targeting new customer relationships
- Continuing to expand wallet share with existing customers
- Expanding presence in underpenetrated product categories, end markets, and geographies
- Expanding aftersales service program
- Executing strategic and accretive acquisitions
- Adding additional managerial resources and operating processes to support growth
ONCAP was attracted to Komar for several reasons, including its (i) leading market position (ii) differentiated product technology and reputation for superior quality, (iii) significant white space potential, (iv) compelling industry tailwinds driven by investments in e-commerce, ESG and sustainability, (v) long-standing customer relationships, (vi) attractive free cash flow characteristics, and (vii) entrepreneurial management team.