At the time of ONCAP's investment, Bradshaw International, Inc. (“Bradshaw Home”) was a leading designer, marketer and category manager of everyday household products, selling across four product categories: kitchen tools & gadgets, metal bakeware, cookware and household cleaning products. The company’s products were sold to supermarkets, mass merchants, specialty retailers, value retailers and other retailers under owned brands (Good Cook as well as others), licensed brands (Mr. Clean, Clorox, Bialetti among others) and private label brands.
ONCAP worked closely with the company on the following initiatives:
- Building a value-added board of directors;
- Navigating management succession and assisting in senior management hires;
- Executing numerous organic growth initiatives including the launch of new product lines and entirely new product categories, and significant expansion within underpenetrated distribution channels;
- Increasing operational capabilities and discipline;
- Expanding e-commerce capabilities; and
- Completing five strategic and accretive acquisitions.
ONCAP helped Bradshaw Home to execute upon a management succession and to increase its capabilities across all key functions, thereby driving significant organic sales and profitability growth. ONCAP also helped the company to develop and execute upon a robust acquisition pipeline. In October 2021, ONCAP sold the business and achieved a 6.6 times gross multiple of capital invested and a gross rate of return of 26% over the nine-year investment period.