Onex Credit Partners, LLC ("OCP") is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser and registered in the Canadian province of Ontario as a Portfolio Manager and in the provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec as an Exempt Market Dealer. Based in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, OCP is the exclusive credit investing arm of Onex, specializing in credit-oriented investment strategies, such as event-driven, long/short, long only and market dislocation strategies. Key areas of focus include syndicated loans, bonds, and distressed debt. The firm invests capital for bank, insurance company, foundation, fund of hedge fund, and high net worth investors, and its products include separate accounts, and closed-end mutual funds.
The OCP team has over 20 full-time professionals with an average of 17 years of experience that has generated attractive absolute and risk-adjusted returns that compare favorably with returns and volatility of benchmark indices including the Debt Opportunity Strategy’s over ten year track record.
As of March 31, 2013, the firm managed approximately $2.8 billion through several debt strategies. Each of these has a differentiated return/risk objective and portfolio construction, as well as a focus on more actively traded positions through market cycles. These strategies are:
- Debt Opportunity Strategy: Opportunistic and event-driven focus on senior debt of companies that exhibit stress or are distressed, investing both long and short without the use of leverage.
- Credit Strategy Fund (OCS.UN): Closed-end Canadian retail fund listed on the TSX that follows a similar strategy to the Debt Opportunity Strategy.
- Senior Credit Strategy: Focused primarily on performing first-lien loans, with moderate exposure to event driven situations, and utilizing modest leverage to enhance returns.
- Senior Credit Fund (OSL.UN): Closed-end Canadian retail fund listed on the TSX focused primarily on first-lien floating rate senior secured loans of non-investment grade North American issuers utilizing modest leverage.
- Senior Floating Income Strategy: Focused solely on performing first-lien loans with no exposure to stress/distressed situations and without the use of leverage.
- Collateralized Loan Obligation: Leveraged structured vehicle that holds a widely diversified collateral asset portfolio that is funded through the issuance of long-term debt in a series of rated tranches of secured notes and equity.